STS-131,STS-132,STS-133,STS-134

STS-131: Discovery
STS-132: Atlantis
STS-134: Endeavour
STS-133: Discovery

6/02/2009

“6/4″ for the date of the Tiananmen massacre or “Charter 8"





Prosperity Can't Erase Tiananmen -By WU'ER KAIXI
In the aftermath of the bloodshed in Beijing 20 years ago -- when I first went into hiding -- my mother had a stroke. It paralyzed one side of her face. I was 10 years in exile before my brother told me. I do not regret what we did in Beijing that year the Berlin Wall fell, when there was so much hope of change in the air, but the deaths have haunted me for 20 years, and I want to hug my mother and tell her: "Sorry."
The deal was economic prosperity in exchange for political quiescence and continued and unchallenged one-party rule. For years, I have been describing it as a "lousy deal." But today, on the anniversary of the bloodshed that ended the protests, I would like to add that it is also an illusory deal.
Prosperity Can't Erase Tiananmen - WSJ.com




China Censors: The Tiananmen Square Anniversary Will Not Be Tweeted | Wired.com



Tank Man, or the Unknown Rebel
1989 Tiananmen Square
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man
There are several conflicting stories about what happened to him after the demonstration.
In a speech to the President's Club in 1999, Bruce Herschensohn ― former deputy special assistant to President of the United States Richard Nixon ― reported that he was executed 14 days later;
other sources say he was killed by firing squad a few months after the Tiananmen Square protests.
In Red China Blues: My Long March from Mao to Now, Jan Wong writes that the man is still alive and is hiding in mainland China.
Tank Man - Wikipedia
It happened in Tiananmen Square- Al Jazeera English
"I got to the balcony just in time because the troops did arrive right after that. I saw the shooting and then saw ambulances coming onto the square .... And I see the man climb up onto the tank. He seems to want to speak to the people inside .... He's become a symbol but he's a mystery - no one knows who he is."
http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/general/2009/05/200953022567830780.html


Two decades ago, the world watched as thousands of Chinese students and their supporters occupied Tiananmen Square for weeks demanding democracy — and then were violently removed on June 4, 1989, by the Chinese military.
Tiananmen: Shouts That Turned To Silence : NPR


It happened in Tiananmen Square -Al Jazeera English

It happened in Tiananmen Square - 31 May 09 - Part 1


It happened in Tiananmen Square - 31 May 09 - Part 2

0 件のコメント:

Tracker